Clinical Quality Programs
At Lone Star Circle of Care, we are committed to meeting the highest standards in the nation for evidence-based, high quality healthcare practice. We seek to create for our patients a person-centered, behaviorally enhanced healthcare home known for its clinical excellence and innovation. Our patients deserve the very highest quality of care available in the nation, so at LSCC we seek to meet and exceed a number of quality goals.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Health Care Effectiveness Data Information Set
- LSCC measures the quality of the care provided not only against other community health centers, but also against industry standards for all primary care practices.
- A number of our clinics have received an NCQA Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home designation, and additional clinics are in the process of applying for this designation.
- LSCC is pursuing 90th percentile performance on those indicators set by the NCQA for all major health plans. (Performance indicators include Health Care Effectiveness Data Information Set–HEDIS–metrics.)
Joint Commission Accreditation
- Joint Commission Accreditation entails meeting or exceeding a stringent set of requirements designed to create quality, safety and consistency of care, treatment and services for patients.
- Only 38% of community health centers in Texas have been accredited.
- Very few private clinics are accredited.
- LSCC received Joint Commission Accreditation in spring 2010, and accreditation was renewed in spring 2013.
State and Federal Accountability
- As part of our federal Community Health Center status and state funding programs, we have frequent routine visits by federal and state survey teams to ensure compliance and best practice.
- This constant review of our clinical quality and financial practices provides an additional level of accountability for continuous excellence.
Our patients remain our number one priority at all times. Ensuring our patients’ experiences are positive, respectful and of the highest quality is at the heart of our mission. Person-centered care is care that is organized around the relationship between the patient and his or her primary care provider. At LSCC, patients see their own doctor, dentist, or nurse practitioner; a familiar face rather than a random assignment. LSCC also provides care after hours and on weekends to meet patient needs and prevent the need for patients to go to the Emergency Room for primary care.